Looking For A Free PC DVD Player. What's Best?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ulTRAX
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    • Jan 2005

Looking For A Free PC DVD Player. What's Best?

I have a number of DVD players for my PC... Interactional, Nero, Quicktime, WMP, Real, and one that came with the PC. I like the original one best because it had a variable slow-mo option which seems rare. My biggest gripe were its tiny controls which did not permit precise operation. It was also designed for ME and a pain runnng it under emulation with XP.

So are there any other free DVD players out there with slow-mo and a well thought out control interface?

In another thread someone suggested VideoLAN but the feature list http://www.videolan.org/vlc/features.html doesn't say whether it has variable slow-mo.

Thanks!
    Last edited by ulTRAX; 7 Mar 2005, 06:30 AM.
  • big_dog
    • Feb 2005

VideoLan does have variable slow motion, I've played around with it a little bit today after setarip suggested it......... Nice program..... and all open source............gotta love it!!

Comment

• ulTRAX
      Digital Video Enthusiast
      Digital Video Enthusiast
      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by big_dog
      VideoLan does have variable slow motion, I've played around with it a little bit today after setarip suggested it......... Nice program..... and all open source............gotta love it!!
      After I posted I saw your thread on the same topic along with setarip's recommendation.

I downloaded VideoLAN last night and ya, it's a terrific DVD player. My only complaint so far is everytime I make a change in some settings it resizes itself....
      Last edited by ulTRAX; 8 Mar 2005, 02:56 AM.

Comment

• jess russell
        • Jul 2004

I Downloaded videolan and it plays jerky and the sound is jerky;help.

Comment

• ziadost
          Super Moderator
          • Mar 2004

not sure if it has slow motion, but 'media player classic' is the best IMO
          "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

To jess russell

"I Downloaded videolan and it plays jerky and the sound is jerky;help."

Sounds like you have an inadequately powered system...

Comment

Working...