X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

FFDShow

I recently gave the latest version of FFDShow (20041012) a try and was quite pleased with the new added features. Video decoding capabilities (with lots of other features thrown in) have always been excellent. What is most interesting however is the added support for audio formats. MP3 decoding can now be done with either the mp3lib or MAD decoder, both of which are clearly superior to Window's built-in decoder. The "Audio Configuration" dialog has a similarity to that of audio player Foobar2000 (and I suspect there was a collaboration between authors of both programs - excellent decision!). A few years back, I was looking for software that allows exactly this, had asked in various forums (this one and Doom9) with no results and finally found this bundled with an already great video decoder.

I admit that it's quite late to try this "latest" version half a year after its release; I was happy letting Koepi's XviD decoder do all the dirty work with my media files. Nevertheless, it looks like FFDShow is back on my favourite list. Just posting my thoughts.

Regards.
    Last edited by Enchanter; 14 Apr 2005, 12:57 AM.
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

I concur. Add to its features (which include the ability to adjust angles on your video, plus the many filters), its relatively low cpu usage and I think it makes an excellent decoder.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

To Batman

It's been quite a while (as with Enchanter) - Welcome back, young crimefighter ;>}

Comment

• Batman
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Jan 2002

Thank-you for the hearty welcome, Setarip.

Unfortunately, the rigours of academia have kept me away from my passion of digital video (and crimefighting )

Comment

• Enchanter
          Old member
          • Feb 2002

I was hoping for more discussion on FFDShow...

UncasMS, I recall you writing that you had some issues with the latest version of FFDShow (which I believe is this particular release). Can you elaborate for us?

Cheers!

Comment

• UncasMS
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2001

no, enchanter, it was not one of the 2004 builds

a version dated from 2005-2-16 didn't work properly for me (seems like the extensions didn't register correctly), that's why i suggested to use the one you're talking about

Comment

• Enchanter
              Old member
              • Feb 2002

That's queer. I didn't find anything newer than this version. They must have pulled it off circulation, for reasons you have discovered.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...