Which settings on my laptop while watching movies??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gfox06
    • May 2005

Which settings on my laptop while watching movies??

I download movies and watch them regularly on my laptop. I am wondering if any one can help me to know what color settings I should be using? high color/ true color/ 16 or 256 etc. etc. ??? also are there any other settings in my laptop anywhere that I may want to change for viewing downloaded movies. I usualy use my DIVX player or windows media player. I have 98SE OS. I have a 3d graphics card. Also, just in the last day, I have noticed that there are movies that are skipping (downloaded movies) and studdering that I have watched before and they have never done it. Is there something that could have been changed in my laptop settings that may need to be changed back or something that would generally improve this problem. It has gotten very jumpy. Any advice you can give for improving my viewing would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you in advance for your help
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

the best advice i can give you now is to read the forum rules....
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• gfox06
      • May 2005

I'm sorry, I have read the rules and I did not realize I was breaking any rules. If you are refering to the movies that I download, I pay for my movies, they are not downloaded from free sights. Sorry for any misunderstanding. It was not intentional on my part.
      Thank you.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

"If you are refering to the movies that I download, I pay for my movies, they are not downloaded from free sights. Sorry for any misunderstanding. It was not intentional on my part."

well then all is well! you have my sincerest apology for thinking you were a common thief!
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
        (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"just in the last day, I have noticed that there are movies that are skipping (downloaded movies) and studdering that I have watched before and they have never done it. Is there something that could have been changed in my laptop settings that may need to be changed back or something that would generally improve this problem."

1) Since it's "just in the last day", can you recall if you've installed any new software or changed any settings?

2) Try defragmenting your hard drive

Comment

• gfox06
            • May 2005

I was trying to adjust my monitors pixel settings and color settings to see if it would make a difference in the quality on the screen. I am not sure if they are different now than they were yesterday because my husband was messing with it before me and he isn't home now. Sorry, not very clear I know but I am very new at this. Thank you for understanding

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

"my husband was messing with it before me and he isn't home now."

Sure, blame it on your hubby ;>}

Seriously though, it's probably best that you wait until he returns and ask him which settings he may have altered - and then smack him on the head with a frying pan ;>}

Comment

• blutach
                Not a god of digital video
                • Oct 2004

Make sure your colour settings are at 32 bit true colour.

Regards
                Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
                [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

Working...