Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steven123
    • May 2005

Help with AVI to DVD

hello, I am new at making movies, I dl lots AVI movies and want to put them on DVD, I have a new DVD and I tried it and the picture was very choppy and sound was very bad.. I have a phillips DVD and running Sonic record now.. can someone please help me? what is the best way to convert if I have to and make a DVD movie that is somewhat ok to watch.. Thanks so much
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

If you are trying to CONVERT the .AVIs to DVD format, one set of procedures (other posters may/probably will suggest alternative methods) would be:

1) Use "TMPGEnc" (or "TMPGEncPlus") to convert the .AVI (DivX-compressed or otherwise) to compliant MPEG2-for-DVD format - Use "TMPGEnc's" DVD wizard/template to accomplish this

2) Use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (a different program than "TMPGEnc") to easily create the required additional DVD files and structure (and chapters and a menu, if you wish)

**If the combined filesize of the DVD "package" written to your hard drive is greater than 4.37Gb, use DVD Shrink (or similar) to compress

If your O/S is either Win2000 or WinXP, TMPGEnc DVD Author can also burn your DVD. Otherwise, use NERO to burn in "DVD-Video" mode
    (As an alternative to "TMPGEnc DVD Author", you could use "DVDLab")

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• Steven123
      • May 2005

I have tried veverything!! am getting very frustrated also, lol
      I have tried shrink, but it wont reconize my files, I have tried all different programs, it is very stressed for me now, lol please help!!

Comment

• jmet
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2002

Have you converted the .avi files to .mpeg files using the procedure above suggested by setarip?

Comment

• kimomakano
          Platinum Member
          Platinum Member
          • Jun 2002

I dl lots AVI movies
          Maybe it is the source of these "downloaded movers". I have heard that many of them are not that good of quality to start with.

Comment

• reboot
            Digital Video Expert
            Digital Video Expert
            • Apr 2004

Just get VSO DivX to DVD.
            Load your avi, and encode it.
            Burn the VIDEO_TS folder it creates.

When you get a little patience, and want to learn how to do it right, come back and post some specific questions. We'd be glad to recommend software and procedures that work.
            My DVDLab (and other) Guides

Comment

Working...