• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kimomakano
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Jun 2002

Maybe I need to call a priest?
    Hey, wait a minute! What was I thinking, I am a priest, sort of. I am a licensed minister anyway (though that is not my profession). This morning I had a rhema and decided maybe I should PRAY over this (since that is what I would recommend another beleiver to do).

Anyway, sermon apart, I played around with it this morning (after praying) and realized that when I viewed the Volume Meters in VirtualDub that there was only audio coming through the right channel with some extremely faint stuff out of the left channel.

I double checked all the cables and connections again without any luck. Then I began to wiggle and jiggle the connection between my AV cord (coming from the VCR) and the composite input cable for the capture card. As I was doing that I noticed that there would be intermittent appearances of volume on the left channel. I wiggled and wobbled until I got it to be a steady stream and captured it.

Voila, it worked, finally!!

I am still not sure why I wasn't able to get any audio before since there was a strong signal for the right channel. Especially since it would produce audio in the AVI and MPEG formats. It doesn't really make sense, but the important thing is that it
    does work now!

Mahalo to all for the suggestions and support!!

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

"Mahalo to all for the suggestions and support!!"

Aloha, brudda ;>}

Comment

• Alien Bay
        Always learning
        • Oct 2004

The power of prayer...
        APOD