Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gregthemus
    • May 2005

Burn a DVD

I need to burn an m-peg of my daughter's wedding! It's on my hard drive but the programmes I'm using only give me the option of data DVDs which display the file's title across the footage when I play it on a DVD player, or Video CDs which don't have enough spce and don't play back on PCs. How do I burn mpegs onto DVD-Rs? Someone must be able to help!! This has caused all manner of stress with me. Save me!
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Welcome to the Digital Video Forums of Digital Digest

One set of procedures (other posters may/probably will suggest alternative methods) would be:

1) If not already DVD-compliant, use "TMPGEnc" (or "TMPGEncPlus") to convert the MPEG to compliant MPEG2-for-DVD format - Use "TMPGEnc's" DVD wizard/template to accomplish this (This step may not be necessary, if your MPEG-2 files are already in DVD compliant format)

2) Use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (a different program than "TMPGEnc") to easily create the required additional DVD files and structure (and chapters and a menu, if you wish)

**If the combined filesize of the DVD "package" written to your hard drive is greater than 4.37Gb, use DVD Shrink (or similar) to compress

If your O/S is either Win2000 or WinXP, TMPGEnc DVD Author can also burn your DVD. Otherwise, use NERO to burn in "DVD-Video" mode
    (As an alternative to "TMPGEnc DVD Author", you could use "DVDLab")

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• gregthemus
      • May 2005

I'll see how I get on. I very much appreciate your time. Fingers crossed!

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"I very much appreciate your time."

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...