Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • melcher88
    • May 2005

Uploading Video To The Internet- PLZ HELP

I'm new to both this forum and the whole field of uploading video to the internet. The file is reasonably big (around 300 MB or so). Is there anyway I can put this online without paying for any software or server? Like I said, I'm new, so please forgive me if any of this is unrealistic. Thanks again- Tim
  • reboot
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Apr 2004

I doubt it.
    The free sites usually only allow 5mb files, although you may get a gig or more of storage.
    There are three ways you can proceed.
    1) Break the file up into 5mb chunks
    2) Re-encode to a low bitrate, small aspect file, such as .wmv in windows movie maker, or ms's wmv encoder.
    3) Pay for hosting.
    My DVDLab (and other) Guides

Comment

• anonymez
      Super Moderator
      • Mar 2004

two ways it can be done for free, though both have their drawbacks...

1. try http://www.yousendit.com

this site will let you upload your file, and email the link to certain people. the drawback is that the file can only be downloaded a certain number of times before it is deleted and it may also expire

2. open up a large email account (such as gmail, that allows over 2 gig of files), split files into 10 mb chunks, send the attatchements to yourself, and hand out username/password.

i know these methods suck and are inconvenient but are the best free (and serverless) options i know of for such a large file.
      "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

Working...