Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr B Rules
    • Feb 2005

Two questions about Nero 6

I have Nero 6, everytime I try to play dvd's it tells me it needs a dvd-video plugin. Where do I get it? Everytime I try to find out more info the application errors out.

My 2nd question is I went in and updated my Nero 6 for the latest versions. when I updated one of the six installs it removes the startsmart program, should that happen?

Any advise, I can't trash the program since I need it to record from dvd shrink. I haven't been able to record directly to Nero when doing backups of my disks and other material.

• Mr B Rules
    • Feb 2005

I should be more specific. My Nero Showtime won't play as outlined in the top. I get the error DVD-video plugin needed

Comment

• cynthia
      Super Moderatress
      • Jan 2004

Hi and welcome to the forum, Mr B Rules!

Try this:
      The video plugin should be installed at the same time automatically by the Nero installation program.

The startsmart program should be installed automatically also. Never heard that it's being removed by an installation.

Comment

• Mr B Rules
        • Feb 2005

Will try that again. Tell me how do you put in the serial number? Also do you load those updates 6 thru 1 or 1 thru 6?

Comment

• cynthia
          Super Moderatress
          • Jan 2004

Either you can add the serial code when you install the packages or in the Nero Smart Start application.

You should be fine just by downloading package 1 and 2 plus the one with Nero Showtime. The InCD is not needed.

Comment

• Mr B Rules
            • Feb 2005

Thanks I reloaded nero w/o INCD, however I still get the error "Due to patent license restrictions MPEG-2 encoding/decoding playback is not available. This feature can be added by installing the DVD-Video plug-in." This is making no sense to me. With Nero 5 I didn't have this problem. Where do you find these DVD-Video plug-ins?

Comment

• Mig$y
              Retired
              • Jan 2004

It seems as if you do not have the full version of Nero 6?
              You can by the DVD-Video plug-in from their online shop
              Nero Platinum - 7 programmes en une suite ! ✓ Montage vidéo ✓ Streaming ✓ Sécurité des données ✓ Conversion ✓ Gravure ✓ Radio mondiale ► Plus d'informations

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

"I have Nero 6, everytime I try to play dvd's it tells me it needs a dvd-video plugin."

Make your life simple and for playback of DVDs, download freeware the "VideoLAN" ("VLC") player...

If you have more questions, always feel free to ask them...

Comment

• Mr B Rules
                  • Feb 2005

Well I thought I had the full version. Maybe because its an OEM version. Since I removed Nero and reloaded I seem to have less programs, that's probable because I didn't reload the INCD. I guess I'll have to order the plug-in, I hope it's not to expensive

Thanks maybe this will work out my problems with nero.

Comment

• Mig$y
                    Retired
                    • Jan 2004

setarips freeware alternative should serve you adequately, check it out before purchasing anything.

For DVD playback, you should investigate into PowerDVD/WinDVD, unfortunately neither are freeware but both are excellent s/w DVD players.

Take a look here

Comment

• Mr B Rules
                      • Feb 2005

I downloaded the VLC, it comes up but doesn't play. However I was able to get my windows media player to play the dvd. There must be something I don't understand about the the VLC player

Comment

• Mig$y
                        Retired
                        • Jan 2004

Here is the VLC FAQ

Still, If WMP is working fine and you are happy....

Comment

Working...