X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zurri
    • Jun 2005

Encoding Divx with WMA audio-- Help

Hey all,
    I am a product tester for a company that is attempting to create a product that can stream various multimedia files (including HD content). I have been creating some test media to test the product, and one of the challenges is creating and testing AVI (divx 3,4,5). I am having trouble creating a divx file with wma audio. I have created many Divx 3,4,5 with MP3 format. The product is supposed to play Divx 3,4,5 with wma support. Any help in creating this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Welcome to the Digital Video Forums of Digital Digest!

"I am having trouble creating a divx file with wma audio."

What's the exact problem you're having?

If you have more questions, always feel free to ask them...

Comment

• tigerman8u
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Aug 2003

Virtualdub (free) or one of it's variants come to mind. If the avi is allready compressed to divx
      1 load the file in vdub
      2 under the video tab click "direct stream copy"
      3 under the audio tab click "full processing mode"
      4 under the audio tab click "compression"
      5 click "windows media audio"
      6 on the right click the audio setting you want
      7 click "file" > save as avi

Comment

• zurri
        • Jun 2005

Hey tigerman and setarip thanks for your response.
        The product i am testing support divx avi's encoded with wma at the following:
        upto 384 Kbps bitrate, and @ 48,44.1, 32, 24, 22.05 sample frequencies. I am supposed to encode clips in a range of all these values (practically hundreds of clips) to test and see if the decoder on the client is doing it's job.
        I used tigerman;s virtual dub solution but only 64kbps works, (adequate ..but for testing purposes more is needed).

Is there any tool (pro or freeware that you recommend) that will be able to encode as the attributes above.

The product hopefully will be a networked/HD capable player. We just got MPEG2's to work great (Watching a HD MPEG2 of some IMAX films was awesome).

The problem is AVI's (which are a headache to work with (testing anyway..and i'm no expert).
        I just started encoding within the last couple weeks.

Thanks a lot for your responses however.

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

Which version of the WMA codec is available to you under VirtualDub (V1, V2, and/or something else) - and what are the the sampling rates and frequencies available according to VirtualDub?

Regardless of version, I believe the highest sampling rate available under the WMA codes is 192Kbps...

Comment

Working...