X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • malfest
    • Jun 2005

Converting From .avi

Hey all,
    I was just wondering how you go about changing a .avi so that you can play it on a regular DVD player...

Im a little new to computers so all the posts about "stupid newb" or junk like that can go and post "you know where"...lol

Anyway, thanks all in advance.
  • malfest
    • Jun 2005

Oh ya,
    I have a acer ferrari laptop running windows XP pro, cd/dvd burnier built in...

Thought that might be helpful...

Comment

• LT. Columbo
      Demigod of Digital Video
      • Nov 2004

you want a VCD, DVD or SVCD? my guess is a dvd. first of all, is your avi file divx or xvid compressed and can your dvd player support divx playback?

if so then this will be very easy for you...

if not, you need to convert the avi into a dvd- compliant mpeg-2 file. tmpgenc plus is a good program for this. then it has to be authored with dvd authoring software such as tmpgenc dvd author. finally burned on a disc.
      "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
      Columbo moments...
      "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
      (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• malfest
        • Jun 2005

thanks alot... this tmpgenc sure does take a long time though... but if it works....Thanks!!!

Comment

• LT. Columbo
          Demigod of Digital Video
          • Nov 2004

"thanks alot... this tmpgenc sure does take a long time though... but if it works....Thanks!!!"

anytime, good things are worth waiting for
          "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
          Columbo moments...
          "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
          "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
          (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...