Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mkygod
    • Jul 2005

MPEG2 file freezes in Mediaplayer10

I have this file and a few others the freezes just 5 seconds into the video. It plays fine in most players, like Mediaplayer classic, but it freezes in MP10 and also VLC player. The wierd thing is the audio is still playing fine, and the video plays at like 1 frame per second as long as i am resizing the mediaplayer window, but freezes again when i stop resizing it.

I suspect there may be something wrong the file itself like with the flags or index. I think the file is recorded straight from a European DVB broadcast (MPEG2 Interlaced) in PAL. The extension on it is .m2v

I use the Nvidia dvd decoder when playing this file to take advantage of my cards purvideo ability (the decoder is activated when playing Mediaplayer10 and also Mediaplayer Classic). I notice that when i play via Mediaplayer classic, the decoder says: "DirectX VA mode A (idct), Video Overlay", it plays fine in this mode. However when played in MP10, the decoder settings woudl say "DirectX VA mode A (idct), Video Mixing". The thing is there is no way for me to turn off Video mixing in mediaplayer10. Even wheni goto performance options and unlick everything on the menu, the decoder settings still say the same thing.

So basically my options are this:

either try to configure or hack Mediaplayer10 or nv dvd decoder in a way that will force it to play in Video Overlay or try to somehow fix the file. Are there any program that can analyze the mpeg2 to see if anyhthning is wrong with it and hopefully fix it (without reencoding)?

The thing is i use MediaCenter and it forces you to use mediaplayer10, so i cannot just use MediaplayerClassic.
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

virtualdub can scan the video stream for errors.(freeware) it will provide file information too
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...