Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steelhed
    • Nov 2004

DVD backup degradation.....

Hey guys, haven't been here in a while hope youre all doing well... I have a question.. My wife bought a couple DVD's lately, and they backup just fine, No errors. However, after playing them once or twice, the backup copy seizes to play... We've noticed this on the ones that have a new little CP symbol on the back, the ones that don't play forever just fine.. It's almost like fade, If you remember that.. Anyone else having this issue backing up their DVD's? Thanks in advance
  • Mig$y
    Retired
    • Jan 2004

Hi Steelhed

Perform a CRC check using DVDinfoPro or do a surface scan in Nero CD-DVD Speed to see if you have any read errors.

Ensure you are also running the latest firmware for your writer. If the discs have a different media code to the ones previously used your current f/w may not cover them.

It could just be crap media or that your DVD player doesn't like the brand/format of DVD, check here for media compatibilty for your DVD player.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

What are the particular DVD titles and Region(s)?

Comment

• Steelhed
        • Nov 2004

I have to ask my wife where the movies are, I'll be back... My god setarip!!!! 24,000 posts? Wheeew now thats what I call a veteran of the boards..LoL

Comment

Working...