How to extract VCD to hard drive into separate .mpeg files (one file per VCD chapter)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mensoy
    • Jul 2005

How to extract VCD to hard drive into separate .mpeg files (one file per VCD chapter)

Hello:

I have a concert VCD that I would like to transfer to hard drive. The disc has one big MUSIC01.DAT file under the \MPEGAV folder. Currently when I copy the .dat file or use ISOBuster to extract the MPEG file to my hard drive, I get a single big file. Obviously, I don't have the chapter information anymore once I did the file copy. When I play the disc with a settop box or PowerDVD, I am able to navigate the chapters.

My goal is to extract the disc onto hard drive into separate small files; one file per chapter. Would someone please point me to the program that handles that? I have been doing some research and found that ENTRIES.VCD is the file that holds the chapter (entry points) information on VCD. But I am unable to find a program that does the cutting by extracting the chapter information from the ENTRIES.VCD file. Any help is appreciated. Thank you very much.
    Last edited by mensoy; 20 Jul 2005, 04:39 PM.
Working...