Problem with TMPGEnc

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gotspeed13
    • Jul 2005

I was at work when I posted and still am at work. I'm just trying to find out what I need to do for when I get home.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
      Demigod of Digital Video
      • Nov 2004

understood, what you need to do is to see if the outputted files from tmpgenc have audio....remember what i said about only encoding a small piece as a test...
      "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
      Columbo moments...
      "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
      (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• gotspeed13
        • Jul 2005

OK, so now that I'm home from work here's the deal. After playing both .mpg files there is no audio. Now here's the wierder thing, both files are roughly 48 minutes long each but after converting them they are both roughly 2 hours and 20 minutes long. After the normal file would end it just goes black and keeps playing. Now I know I can cut the end off with TMPGEnc Author or with Shrink, but what about the audio. I will try again by converting just a small piece.
        Last edited by gotspeed13; 3 Aug 2005, 12:07 AM.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
          Demigod of Digital Video
          • Nov 2004

make sure direct show in environmental settings is set to 2 (the highest above anything else) on the vfapi tab.

right click the avi "properties", "summary", it likely is ac3, mp3 etc.
          what is it?

also using virtualdub or similar load the ORIGINAL avi into it and post everything here you see in the audio AND video section. i need to see details of the file.
          Last edited by LT. Columbo; 3 Aug 2005, 01:04 AM.
          "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
          Columbo moments...
          "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• gotspeed13
            • Jul 2005

Do I need the AC-3 sound plug-in from the Pegasys site? When I started TMPGEnc DVD Author and click options - Environmental Settings, it says:

"Cannot find the Dolby Digital Encoder. Installing the TMPGEnc Sound Plug-In AC-3 allows to encode and decode Dolby Digital Audio."

Audio Format is MPEG Layer-3

I'll get virtualdub and post the info.

I don't know how to get the info from virtualdub.
            Last edited by gotspeed13; 3 Aug 2005, 01:20 AM.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
              Demigod of Digital Video
              • Nov 2004

no, you say its mpeg layer 3 you don't need that plugin. that's only saying that the feature is not on the pc...don't worry about that unless you have to have dolby sound in future projects.

note: your not at the authoring stage yet. you still need to encode with tmpgenc, NOT tmpgenc dvd author. the environmental settings i spoke of are in regular tmpgenc
              "make sure direct show in environmental settings is set to 2 (the highest above anything else) on the vfapi tab."

sound now?

virtualdub ="file", "open video file",load your avi, "file" again, "file information"
              Last edited by LT. Columbo; 3 Aug 2005, 01:40 AM.
              Columbo moments...

Comment

• mastercontrol
                • Jun 2005

Originally Posted by gotspeed13
                OK, so now that I'm home from work here's the deal. After playing both .mpg files there is no audio. Now here's the wierder thing, both files are roughly 48 minutes long each but after converting them they are both roughly 2 hours and 20 minutes long. After the normal file would end it just goes black and keeps playing. Now I know I can cut the end off with TMPGEnc Author or with Shrink, but what about the audio. I will try again by converting just a small piece.
                The source audio you said is MP3, it's probably VBR, which is most likely what's causing the problem with the length.

Open the source video in VirtualDubMod and go to Stream and select "Stream List", then click "Save WAV" and save the audio as a .wav file to your hard drive. Then in TMPGEnc, when you open the video file to create the project, change the audio source to the wav file you created. That should help.

If you have problems with audio sync after trying that, try using Adobe Audition, which has a trial version, and go to File and Open Audio from Video, then save the audio as a .wav.
                Last edited by mastercontrol; 3 Aug 2005, 02:27 AM.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                  Demigod of Digital Video
                  • Nov 2004

i use that method all the time for files with ac3 sound, with directshow raised in tmpgenc, i don't have to do nothing with the audio for mpeg layer 3 files, VBR or not. (tmpgenc's "other settings" CBR, rate control mode). NEVER have synch problems. certaily if all else fails, it's gotta work.
                  Last edited by LT. Columbo; 3 Aug 2005, 02:34 AM.
                  Columbo moments...

Comment

• gotspeed13
                    • Jul 2005

I have already encoded with TMPGEnc and raised the directshow to 3 then I authored with TMPGEnc Author to add a second file. After encoding with TMPGEnc there is no sound. I've got to start getting ready for work so I guess the saga will continue later. Thanks for all the help and being patient with me. I really do appreciate it.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                      Demigod of Digital Video
                      • Nov 2004

ok, forget about tmpgenc author for now.

is this correct?;

in regular tmpgenc direct show raised, encoded the file and no sound? what do you have shown under "rate control mode"?

please post a screenshot of the "other settings" (on page 3)VIDEO tab settings screen.. here's and example..

also the file details from virtualdub. if this still doesn't work, then you can easily make a wav file and use this as the input audio for tmpgenc.
                      Last edited by LT. Columbo; 3 Aug 2005, 04:28 AM.
                      Columbo moments...

Comment

• gotspeed13
                        • Jul 2005

These came out pretty small. I'll see if I can get them bigger unless someone else does it before I do. I used photobucket and I guess they automatically sized them down.

OK here's this before I leave for work:

The answer to your question is: Regular TMPGEnc I raised DirectShow to 3 and encoded the file and got no sound. Here is the screen shots you asked for. I'm leaving for work now and I'll check back while I'm there but I won't be able to do anything until I get home. Thanks again.

Last edited by gotspeed13; 3 Aug 2005, 05:21 AM.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                          Demigod of Digital Video
                          • Nov 2004

hard to see, but it does appear to be VBR audio. what i don't understand is the method i had you try always works for me with this audio...no need to make them bigger i used zoom

anyway this is what to do next:
                          you have virtualdubmod,

1) load your original avi

2) under "video" tab, select "direct stream copy"

3) under "streams", "select stream lists", sav wav.

when you got this done for your file(s), load the original file in tmpgenc, then just below that, load this WAV file you just made as the audio source. with me?
                          Columbo moments...

Comment

• gotspeed13
                            • Jul 2005

Yes, I'm with you. I will try that tonight. Thanks.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                              Demigod of Digital Video
                              • Nov 2004

glad to help. reply back with the results whenever you can...
                              Columbo moments...

Comment

• gotspeed13
                                • Jul 2005

IT WORKED!!! That's awesome. I saved the wav file separately with VirtualDubMod and it worked. Thank you for all the help.

Comment

Working...