Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Freddy735
    • Aug 2005

Removing Labels

Does anyone know what the best/easiest way to remove labels off of a burned DVD is??

Thanks for any suggestions!!
  • kevdriver
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • May 2005

Fredy735, Try filling a spray bottle with warm soapy water, spray the label and let the water sit for a couple of minutes. Then gently peel off the label, the warm soapy water should loosen the label adhesive with out damaging the DVD itself. After you might want to clean the burn't side again just to be sure non of the soapy water got on it and dried which might leave it unreadable due to soapy residue. Hope this helps
    Oils well thats ends well.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
      Demigod of Digital Video
      • Nov 2004

even if i used labels and wanted to remove them i wouldn't do this, but a member once used wd-40 on about 200 discs and had no problems at all.
      "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
      Columbo moments...
      "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
      (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• tigerman8u
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Aug 2003

although labels look pretty they can/will give problems

Comment

• Watson
          • Jul 2005

To Freddy735

For those who want to remove your labels. There is a mild solvent called Goo Gone sold almost everywhere. Its citrus base and made to remove tape type glue. Just soak the paper label with it. Give it 5-10 minutes. It should pull off. Goo Gone won't hurt the dvd plastic. Just re-clean as you normally would any dvd afterward.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

ah yes, i have used goo gone..a mighty fine idea sir watson
            "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
            Columbo moments...
            "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
            "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
            (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...