copyrighted video from computer TO dvd...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shook_up
    • Aug 2005

copyrighted video from computer TO dvd...

I have a "protected" video that I downloaded onto my computer (a baseball game from mlb.com) that I wanted to burn onto a DVD for a friend. I've been installing programs that only seem to burn from a copyrighted DVD to my computer, and not vice versa...so does anybody know any programs that will let me rip this video and burn it onto a DVD? I'm brand new to the DVD burning world (as of 3 days ago) so thanks for any help,
  • Lownox
    • Jun 2005

Don't think you'll get much help from anyone with this problem.
    AMD Athlon 2600+
    1G Ram
    (2) WD 120G HD
    Plextor 716A
    NEC 3550

Comment

• shook_up
      • Aug 2005

Really? Out of curiousity, how come? Is it an 'off-limit' topic, or is there no solution? I truly have absolutely no idea. Thanks,

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

i believe it is an "off topic" issue also. you can check the rules at the top of page under FAQ and see what you think. at the same time this thread has been left alone....
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
        (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• tigerman8u
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Aug 2003

"I have a "protected" video that I downloaded onto my computer (a baseball game from mlb.com)"

I believe this is the statement in question

Comment

• ashes
            Platinum Member
            Platinum Member
            • Aug 2005

@shook up

Hi!

What are the terms of the agreement regarding downloading from mlb.com?

Comment

• shook_up
              • Aug 2005

Ohhhh! I have a bookmark to a post on this website entitled, "ripping copy protected DVD's" so I just assumed things in this nature were okay. But now, reading it more closely, I see that post is dated from 2002.

BUT, I didn't rip the video, I actually purchased this game for 3.95, and on the mlb.com site it says, "Store them on your PC or portable media device, or burn them to a CD to build your own baseball library." I have it saved on a CD-R, but I wanted to be able to give it to a friend as a DVD.

Ashes: where would I find the terms of agreement at? I know I acquired a "license" to watch it on my computer in Windows Media, but I got this video waaaay back in November (I still have the e-mail "receipt") and can't remember much.

Thank you guys so much for your replies and help.

Comment

• shook_up
                • Aug 2005

Also, as an aside, I was wondering if anybody knew about how I should go about this little problem: whenever I watch the game on my computer (either from a cd-r or directly from my desktop) the sound doesn't align with the movie. Is there something I can do to adjust this, or is it just the way it downloaded?

Comment

• ashes
                  Platinum Member
                  Platinum Member
                  • Aug 2005

Ashes: where would I find the terms of agreement at?
                  You'll find it at

"Website Terms of Use Agreement

Use of the Official Website of Major League Baseball (the "Website") is subject to the following terms of use:

1. Website Ownership

The Website is owned by MLB Advanced Media, L.P. ("MLBAM"). All materials distributed in the Website (the "Materials") are either owned by or licensed to MLBAM. MLBAM and its licensors retain all proprietary rights to the Materials. Except for downloading one copy of the Materials on any single computer for your personal, non-commercial home use, you must not reproduce, prepare derivative works based upon, distribute, perform or display the Materials without first obtaining the written permission of MLBAM. Materials must not be used in any unauthorized manner."

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                    Demigod of Digital Video
                    • Nov 2004

shook_up

i say fugettaboutit
                    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                    Columbo moments...
                    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
                    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
                    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...