Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bartman
    • Aug 2003

Sound Problem

I have multiple Imax and BBC movies that I want ot put on DVD. I have converted the AVI files in VOB using ImtooMpeg converter an try to burn them with NERO in video_ts section. However, I kept having a sound problem. It get chunky but the video is good and fluid. This problem is not present when I look at the video on the PC but when I look at it with the home DVD player it is present.

Playing the DVD on my computer is smoth and the sound problem does not appear.

Any hint as to why this is happening ?

Can this be related to the writing speed I have used (8X) ?

thanks in advance
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

have you tried switching the audio on your dvd player remote?
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• Bartman
      • Aug 2003

I have tried all the audio option but no result. I really don't have much option offer on my DVD player. Can these parameter be hidden in the DVD player and not on the remote and what should I be looking for ?

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

"Playing the DVD on my computer is smoth and the sound problem does not appear."

just to be clear, your saying the burned disc plays with sound on the pc, but not your standalone dvd player? or do you mean the files you created play with sound on pc?

perhaps you could post screenshots of the audio/video details of these avi's using virtualdubmod, or similar....
        Last edited by LT. Columbo; 10 Aug 2005, 09:20 AM.
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
        (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• Bartman
          • Aug 2003

OK I have found the sound option in both DVD home player and try all the options without any good results (PCM, Dolby,...).

As for the precision on the situation. If I take the DVD an play it on my PC with the DVD Writer, the sound is OK. If I listen to the same DVD but on my DVD home player, the sound is ok but it is chunky. Like if the DVD was skipping very small portion of the sound file while playing it.

I have Dub DVD without problem so we can kick out any sound card problem.

One information that may be relevant but I am not sure. The original AVI file was 23 FPS. When I convert it in VOB, i got at 30 FPS if I am not mistaking. This however does not explain why the PC plays it correctly and not the home DVD player....

Comment

• jmet
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2002

If you have a RW disc, try re-burning it at 2X and see if the audio plays properly.

Comment

• Bartman
              • Aug 2003

I have use DVD+R and DVD-R whitout any good result. I'll give it a try with DVD+R burn at 2X...

Comment

Working...