Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Busta Capp
    • Mar 2002

A very very noobie hardware problem

Hi everyone - before you read this please bear in mind that I am completely new to watching movies on my TV from my PC....so new in fact that I haven't even managed to get a proper picture on my screen yet!!

First off - if I use a .5 metre s-connector cable - the image is displayed on my TV in colour - but really fuzzy because the connectors aren't gold plated and the signal must be poor, so out I went out and bought a kick ass 24 carat gold plated s-connector cable (10metres) and it brought a crystal clear picture up on my tv screen.....only its in black and white . The cable plugs into a scart adapter (along with the audio)and then into the back of my TV. I tried looking at the NTSC/PAL settings on my video card but they were set correctly. So now I have this problem, where I know that the signal can come out in colour(the short lead) but, for some reason the longer - but more quality lead produces a clear, mono picture.

I realise that this question proably shouldn't be in this forum but Its the only place where I feel people will know how to help me.

Sorry!!!

Any chance of some help please? I only wanna watch some mpeg movies!!!!
Working...