Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cfb35
    • Aug 2005

problems with conversion

Hi there, I'm not too sure whether I have the right forum for this question, so apologies, if I've got it wrong...I'm a newbie.
    My Uncle asked me to copy one of my films for him to play on his normal DVD player. I did this, but it wouldn't play (it was an AVI file). I have now converted it using WinAVI, but when I checked it on my PC (I don't have either a TV or DVD) it appears to be saved in three separate files all of around 20mins each all within one folder. I need to know whether this is likely to play on his machine as one continuous film, or is he going to have the hassle of watching a disjointed film? Also if it is not likely to play, is there any way of joining it together again?
    Cheers for any help/advice anyone can give me
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

that's a dvd package and is the way it is supposed to be, you burn that whole folder with nero or similar

you should have vob, ifo, and bup files in there.
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• cfb35
      • Aug 2005

Yes there are three VOB files and one NAV file, but also a separate folder labelled Audio but that one wont open, Cheers for the reply by the way

Comment

Working...