Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris
    • Mar 2002

XMpeg / FlaskMpeg file size limit

Does anyone know if there is an MPEG-2 file size limit that xMpeg or FlaskMpeg can handle?

I capture with ATI MultiMedia Center and a TVWonder Card.
    When I tried a short MPEG-2 clip, xMpeg was able to handle it very well and convert it to Divx without any problem.

Then I tried a 6 gig (2hours) MPEG-2 movie captured with the same settings as the clip above. I can load it into XMpeg but when I play it in Xmpeg the slider goes directly to the end. The movie is still playing ok but the slider is unusable (like frozen).

I know Xmpeg can handle VOB files which are arround 1Gig. If this is a size limitation, do you know of a ulitity to split MPEG-2 files? Can XMpeg load several MPEG-2 files? (just like VOB files)

Thanks
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

If you are attempting to create (DivX-compressed) .AVI files, be aware that the maximum size for an AVI file is 2Gigs...

Comment

• Ndb
      • Mar 2002

Surely it's 4gb (Fat32 limit) if using the <b>OpenDML avi Output</b> in FlaskMpeg, as OpenDML was designed to over come the old 2gb avi limit.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

To Ndb

When you're right, you're right ;>}

"VirtualDub and other software is now starting to use OpenDML AVI files which are a pseudo-downward compatible format that allows AVI files to be larger than 2 gigs. NOTE: the largest file that can exist on Fat32 (Windows 9x/Me) is 4 gigs. If you want to create a file larger than 4 gigs you must use Windows NT/2000/XP with the NTFS file system." - From Aluminium Studios - "Video Formats".

Comment

• Ndb
          • Mar 2002

I makes a change for me to get something right

Comment

Working...