Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • muzikul
    • Feb 2002

recording streaming video

At one time I saw a program that will record streaming video content from web sites. I don't remember the name of the program or where I found it though. Does anyone know where I can find what I am looking for? Thanks!
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

Video capture software such as camtasia and snag-it will perform these functions.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

The program is named "ASFRecorder"...

Comment

• streaming-media
        • Dec 2003

Screen capturing software is the worst choice for the majority of media streams.

ASF Recorder is a little bit outdated so I suggest to use HiDownload, StreamDown, NetTransport, WM Recorder.

See All streaming media recording software

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

To streaming-media

Since you're a brand new member here and may not be totally familiar with the layout, I was just wondering if you were aware that (although there's nothing wrong with doing so) you've posted to a thread that's almost two years old?

Comment

• streaming-media
            • Dec 2003

Re: To streaming-media

Originally posted by setarip
            Since you're a brand new member here and may not be totally familiar with the layout, I was just wondering if you were aware that (although there's nothing wrong with doing so) you've posted to a thread that's almost two years old?
            Thank you for your notice. I just found this page with a search engine and I guess I'm not the only one. So I think it was a good idea to help people find what they really want.

Comment

• megamachine
              Video Fiddler
              • Mar 2003

As long as we've resurrected this old post, let me toss in my advice. Find something called "Streambox VCR" and use that. It works with practically any kind of online video file, as long as you can enter the exact address of the video. Sometimes you need to look in the web page's source to find the file's exact address.

Comment

• streaming-media
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by megamachine
                As long as we've resurrected this old post, let me toss in my advice. Find something called "Streambox VCR" and use that. It works with practically any kind of online video file, as long as you can enter the exact address of the video. Sometimes you need to look in the web page's source to find the file's exact address.
                megamachine, I respect your opinion by I guess Streambox VCR is a little bit outdated. It has problems because of the characters in the URL. It can't download many windows media streams. If you have no the latest version of SVCR you'll probably have problems with newer real media streams. Besided SVCR download pack I know is 7 mb. I guess you can download more than 5 alternatives that are better than SVCR.
                Last edited by streaming-media; 28 Dec 2003, 05:06 PM.

Comment

• megamachine
                  Video Fiddler
                  • Mar 2003

I hadn't noticed any problems with SVCR in a year of use, but I'm always on the lookout for some newer tools. Thanks for the link.

Comment

• streaming-media
                    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by megamachine
                    I hadn't noticed any problems with SVCR in a year of use, but I'm always on the lookout for some newer tools. Thanks for the link.
                    Take a look at http://all-streaming-media.com/strea...d-problems.htm and you'll see a dozen of common problems. I guess it's interesting for you to know about them.

Comment

• megamachine
                      Video Fiddler
                      • Mar 2003

Thanks, but if it ain't broke don't fix it, as my grandfather always warned me. Anyway, I'll keep the link handy for future references.

Comment

Working...