Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eyorkie
    • Aug 2005

help error message

I am trying to download a torrent file for the first time and I got an error message something like " internet download can't be completed session timed out" File was not that big time out was after about 10 min Help
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

check the help section for the program, it's web page, or do a google search.
    for the exact error....
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• emptymind
      • Aug 2005

What are you using to download the torrent? I recommend using BitLord. Usually when you see a session time out you can ignore it and the file will pick up again later on.

Make sure the file has plenty of seeds. Seeds are people who have the complete file. The more seeds the better.

Also, If you have a router or are behind a firewall, make sure the relevant ports are open and forwarded to your download machine - for BitLord you can specify a 'listening port'. If you do not specify a listening port or it is blocked by your firewall you will get a much slower download rate.

If you need help with this let me know.

Comment

• DAFT
        Slightly Stupid
        • Aug 2004

sounds like a bad connect. look at your internet opions under security to see if you have exceptions. I had trouble with xp firewalls and newsgroup sites until i set up the port correctly. check your firewall and make sure it's not blocking too much. or maybe just a bad site.
        Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
        I'm Watching You!!!

Comment

Working...