Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

wow, ch9 have outdone themselves! tonight's LOTR Two Towers was much much better quality! all noticeable grain was gone, sharper picture, and slightly higher bitrate looks to me like every saturday is HDTV movie day...

THIS is what passes for HDTV (though still not the best, it was very pleasing to the eye)

picture was crystal clear, its was like as if we could really see into middle earth
    Attached Files
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• anonymez
      Super Moderator
      • Mar 2004

and a couple more...

to the mods: is this going too much OT, should my posts be moved? i just reckon some might be interested in seeing what they can expect, in terms of picture quality, from HDTV and the next-gen formats
      Attached Files

Comment

• nwg
        Left *****
        • Jun 2003

Very impressive. The UK is so far behind with HDTV. Even Sky hasn't started yet.

Did you manage to rid off the watermark? How did you do it?

Comment

• anonymez
          Super Moderator
          • Mar 2004

Originally Posted by nwg
          Did you manage to rid off the watermark? How did you do it?
          yes, i can remove watermarks. after extensive testing with certain filters/techniques, i found the best way, at least for australian network watermarks, is to use the 'X-Logo' filter for virtualdub.

all you need is a picture of the watermark against a pure black background at the correct aspect ratio/resolution of the video, and use the filter...

Comment

• nwg
            Left *****
            • Jun 2003

anonymez.

Have you seen this software - HDTV2DVD.

Comment

• anonymez
              Super Moderator
              • Mar 2004

thanks nwg , yep i had tried it out a few days after it was first released. its a one-click solution, using ffmpeg. everytime i would try to convert a 1080i file, (the final quality was quite good, considering the speed of the encode) i would always have horrible sync issues. i just tried the latest version, and seems to have the same problem. must be the aussie specs it doesn't like?

but i hardly ever need to put hdtv on a dvd. i usually capture in SD, as its already wonderfully dvd compliant. i record HD only for native broadcast shows that we usually get here, like they're showing 'the panic room' tonight
              Last edited by anonymez; 5 Nov 2005, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Working...