Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • okeefe58.
    • Sep 2005

700mb to large for 4.7gb?

i've been trying forever to find a progran to put limewire movie on dvd-tried nero and many others--they all come back saying the file is too large to put on 4.7gb dvdrw-how can this be when the files is only 700mbs avi? any suggestion on how to do it? iv got nero suite,roxio,recordnow,windvd creator,arcsoft dvd2,muvee auto producer,shrink, you name it
  • okeefe58.
    • Sep 2005

p.s. i mean change it to dvd format, to watch in dvd player. just to copy, recordnow, windows does that fine-

Comment

• shulthise
      Professional Amateur
      • May 2003

I’m familiar only with NERO and B’s Burning apps... So I’m guessing here:

My guess is that you assume that the burning app (i.e. NERO, etc) automatically recognizes what type of media (DVD, CD) you want to burn.

I typically use the express interface of NERO (wizard like). When the burning start I have to select the type of session I want – DVD-R/RW, CD-R/W, ISO Image for DVD or CD. The selection is done from a Drop-Down list at the top of the dialog.
      The default selected session type is the last one I used.
      I sometimes forget to select DVD and try to burn DVD data to a DVD media but the session is still CD session – so NERO alerts me that it’s impossible. So I go back to the first phase of the wizard and changes the session to DVD.

Comment

• anonymez
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2004

maybe purchase the movie?
        "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• 2COOL
          Kamen Moderator V3
          • Aug 2003

Originally Posted by okeefe58.
          i've been trying forever to find a progran to put limewire movie on dvd
          What Limewire movie titles are you referring to?
          2CL C Henshin!
          If you got a dollar for everytime someone called you ugly, you'd be a millionaire...an "ugly" millionaire.±

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

this is the method i use for those types of files.

1) Use "TMPGEnc" (or "TMPGEncPlus") to convert the .AVI/MPG/wmv etc. to compliant MPEG2-for-DVD format - Use "TMPGEnc's" DVD wizard/template to accomplish this

2) Use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (a different program than "TMPGEnc") to easily create the required additional DVD files and structure (and chapters and a menu, if you wish)

**If the combined filesize of the DVD "package" written to your hard drive is greater than 4.37Gb, use DVD Shrink (or similar) to compress
            "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
            Columbo moments...
            "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
            "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
            (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...