Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sudha
    • Sep 2005

Re : Help me newbee !!!

I am new to all this but i just need helpt to get started.I have a lot of movies download in my hard & I need to compress/decode them.I have downloaded the Divx player , but I do not know how to decode my mpeg files or my video files.
    Please help me !!!!!

Thanks
  • aku
    • Sep 2005

First of all you might need to decide in which format to compress/encode. Since u mentioned DivX player, I presume you might have decided to compress/encode in DivX.
    If so try Dr. DivX, (Its free for 30 days) the basic process of encoding using Dr DivX is almost self explanatory.

Comment

• tigerman8u
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Aug 2003

what is the end product you want ? do you want an mpeg4 or a compliant dvd structure to burn to a dvd

Comment

• DAFT
        Slightly Stupid
        • Aug 2004

if you want small then there's avi...I use a winmpg vid convert. or you can get some good stuff off download.com for trial like aku said. if size is the current problem then why not zip them till your ready to convert.
        Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
        I'm Watching You!!!

Comment

• sudha
          • Sep 2005

Hello ,
          Thanks for all the help.I am still really confused.Now I have these files that are called vob files.
          1. First I do not know how to convert them to a watchable format like .avi or .divx
          2. Once converted , I want to compress them as space is an issue.
          3.Also I do not have a dvd burner.Is there a way I can convert them to watch on my dvd player using a CD burner.

Please do respond.

Comment

• sudha
            • Sep 2005

Also i have the divx player installed.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
              Demigod of Digital Video
              • Nov 2004

media player classic will play vob files, in dvd structure or not...
              "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
              Columbo moments...
              "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
              "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
              (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...