X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • khan8613
    • Sep 2005

audio accident in VirtualDub

when i open a certain a video file in virtualdub i get this:
    "Virtualdub has detected an improper VBR audio encoding in the source AVI file..."
    "virtualdub will rewrite the audio header with standard CBR values..."
    "This may introduce up to 23721 ms of skew from the video stream"
    "(bitrate: 125.7 (plus or minus)* 16.4 kbps))

the above are just fractions of the message, it tells me how to fix it if i find it unacceptable, which i do because the audio starts a tad faster than the video, it says i have to decompress the entire audio stream into an uncompressed wave file and then recompress with a constant bitrate encoder. all of this i do not understand how to do.

*the plus minus part is a written interpretation of the symbol, which is a plus sign on top of a minus sign.

hmmm, i also find that if i put audio to full processing mode, then it fixes the problem, but will this mess with the final filtered piece?
    <!-- / message -->

thanks
    <!-- / message -->
  • khan8613
    • Sep 2005

hmmm, i really need your help, this is really important, its due in on monday.

Comment

• admin
      Administrator
      • Nov 2001

Please don't cross post (posting the same message in multiple places - http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...839#post297839) - it will just make people ignore you.

As for your question, VirtualDub can't handle VBR (variable bit-rate) encoded MP3s. You should use VirtualDubMod (http://virtualdubmod.sourceforge.net/), which is based on VirtualDub, but works a little differently.
      Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• khan8613
        • Sep 2005

hmm yeah sorry, im in a real frantic state at the moment, this thing is due, the only way i could catch peoples attention was if i multiple posted. again real sorry, and thanks.

Comment

• khan8613
          • Sep 2005

i was able to save and burn the video file using roxio easy CD creator, but when i viewed on my DVD player, it came out really crappy, skipping, unclear, sound was unclear, as if someone scratched the CD to pieces. Does anyone know any good burning programs? or am i supposed to do something specific?

Comment

Working...