Avi file with sync problems (frames) any programs?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tlb
    • Jul 2005

Avi file with sync problems (frames) any programs?

I have a avi file that has sync problems i think the problem is that the frame is 25fbs and the audio is 29fbs.

do anyone know of a program that can help? I used synchronizer but whne i load the file in it says "no audio stream" that program was the best i found anyone know of any program that can he;lp me?
  • tlb
    • Jul 2005

you can try this with virtualdubmod.

change the file to an .AVI with .WAV audio

From under the "Video" dropdown menu, select "Framerate" - and select "Change so video and audio durations match"
    Save with a new filename
    --------------------------
    i got that from another thread but only one problem when i go to save the avi file it comes out 10gbs is there anyway to have vdub save it at a lower size? the file is 936mb and is avi.

Comment

• tigerman8u
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Aug 2003

you didn't recompress the audio. you can choose "direct stream copy" for the video and audio. no need to re-encode. if the audio is out of sync the same thru-out the video you can use "interleaving under the audio tab to offset the audio. 1000 ms = 1 second

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

under the video select compression and choose what you want to compress it with, if you want to change it (i use divx 5.2.1.) i think you have it set on uncompressed right now, also you have compress the audio too. i like to work with lame mp3
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
        (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• tlb
          • Jul 2005

update: After encoding the video using tmpgenc i notice at the start there the sync is on no off sync theb by the end of the movie the video is like 5 -7 seconds ahead of the audio.

now the avi file which vdub dids is tricky at sometimes its right one then at others its not and it does this throughout the movie it starts to go off sync around 33.28 then 40.00 it gets back on sync then 49.23 its goes off then get back on 53.43 and it keep doing this lil weave in and out game lol.

now the avi file which i did in vdub like the above suggested

the problem still is there. i did the vdub thing didnt work ok let me explain what i want to do..then im going to explain the problem.

LEt me start off by thanking all those for helping me.

Also i will like to note that i have did over 30 avi movies and made then into kvcd succefully this is the first and only to give me problem.

I want to make this avi file into a kvcd file using tmpgenc.
          My first problem was tmpgenc was saying the file was unsupported. then someone body helped me find a audio thing i need (ac3 bor something) ok that problem solved so i encoded it. and then i notice my avi file was off sync.

at the beginign its on sync at th end the audio is ahead by prolly
          then my problem became sync.. I had this problem before since i had the file in mpeg i decided to do what i always did ..demutilplex then multiplex. most time this work. then i ntice i didnt work.

So i went back to my avi file and i notice the first 5 mins plays fien (on sync ) but then its a part when the screen turn blank (anyone whose seen its a wonderful life..knows the part when god lets the angle see george life...and how its goes from dark to george playing in the snow.

so i said oh its the frame and did the vdub thing.
          now the vdub worked but its like a half a second offand ass the movie progress its get worst.

Im not giving up hope,,, if anyone need screenie of anything i can nprovide.

also the fram was encoded 25.028 (i guess when the person ripped it from the dvd)

I've also notice when i encode the video on tmpgenc it makes it worst then the avi file? even when i set the fram to 25.

been trying to get this movie to work for 3 weeks day and night (free time ofcourse) I work on it...please help.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

obviously the file is screwed 25.028 isn't a standard frame rate. what i suggest is to encode the sections of the file in tmpgenc adjusting the audio gap accordingly for each, then join them after.
            "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
            Columbo moments...
            "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• tlb
              • Jul 2005

lmao if its not one problem its another...

i fix the audio witht the orginal files...

now the problem is when i encode the movie it seems to be unfocus and movies in bumps...
              its not smooth for example.

in the orginal avi when he stand up and sits down it smooth..
              but in the mpeg version when he stand up and sits down or when the cam swings its bumps ....like instead of it being lalalalalala its lalalelelelalalelala.

lmao thats the best i can explain it anyone can help?

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                Demigod of Digital Video
                • Nov 2004

sure, i know exactly what you mean. but again this program is designed to work with standard file types. anyway first, what template are you using? the VCD, or DVD template? and do you have the PAL selected?
                Columbo moments...

Comment

• tlb
                  • Jul 2005

using kvcd and no im not using the pal.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                    Demigod of Digital Video
                    • Nov 2004

this may have been mentioned , but what version of tmpgenc are you using?
                    Columbo moments...

Comment

• tlb
                      • Jul 2005

tmpgenc 2.524.63.181free i can use anyone u like it dont matter to me.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                        Demigod of Digital Video
                        • Nov 2004

follow this excellent guide.
                        Columbo moments...

Comment

Working...