Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blondebob
    • Jan 2005

skipping at the end of dvds

sometimes when i backup dvds, they tend to skip at the end or near the end of movies. it seems to happen a lot more frequently when i try to back up dual sided dvds w/ widescreen on one side and fullscreen on the other. i dont think that i actually have to run dvd shrink on most of these, or do i?

could it also be cheap media? i use the philips 4x + from tiger direct and most of the time it seems to work fine, just seems to be troublesome on the 2 sided discs.

if anyone has any ideas i would appreciate a reply. thx!
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

did you watch the originals in full?

if you are sure that your media works fine with other discs, just try burning at a lower speed, say 2X
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• LT. Columbo
      Demigod of Digital Video
      • Nov 2004

in my tenure i've found the symptoms you describe were because of poor/incompatible media.
      "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
      Columbo moments...
      "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
      (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• jess russell
        • Jul 2004

I had the same skip problem for a long time.. its media and use the slower 2x settings .. have had excellent results since doing this. sony, verbatium are the 2 media i use.

Comment

Working...