Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • norma_j
    • Jan 2005

dvd shown on 8' screen (projector)

I brought my DVD to the Company that had me do it for them and they took it to their computer guys who had to do something in order for it to play on their projector & 8' screen. When they put it in the DVD player (they logged onto the computer for this) and showed it on the projected screen, the DVD appeared jumpy and skipped a lot....can anyone tell me why this happened?
    Thanks in advance.
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

If your backup freezes, stutters, skips, or has some pixelation, it is more than likely due to poor quality media being used. Cheap media is poorly manufactured around the edge of the disc, hence the reason why it mostly skips or freezes from the middle toward the end of the movie. The two main things to consider first are:

1. Is it cheap media that you are using? (ie. some off brand you bought at a local computer store/fair, even a store like Circuit City or Best Buy sells cheap low quality media.)

2. How fast are you burning? - Burn no faster than 4X, might have to go down to 2X with really cheap media.

Also, are you using adhesive labels on your back ups? If so, try removing the labels (if you can) and playing them again. Go here for more info on why not to use labels. - http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...threadid=28604

You can go here for some other possible solutions: http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...threadid=44912

Also try lowering outcome the "Target DVD size".

Open DVD Shrink. Click "Edit", then "Preferences". On the first tab at the top in the drop down box, change it from "DVD-5 (4.7GB) to "Custom" and enter a number of 4200MB (4464MB is burning to the edge of the disc, you want to stay away from the edge as the edge of cheap media (disc's) are poorly manufactured). Screen Shot Below:

Comment

• norma_j
      • Jan 2005

Thanks so much, this is very helpful.

Comment

• jmet
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2002

You're very welcome! Glad I could help.

Comment

Working...