Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dockofthebay
    • Oct 2005

PAL to NTSC

I tried to convert a PAL DVD on my computer that was PAL to NTSC (Region 1) or Region Free. I have two DVD players (Sony & Panasonic) and it will not play on either machine. What am I doing wrong?
  • benbryant
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Aug 2005

Please at least tell us how you converted PAL DVD to NTSD (What kind of program and how you do it, for example)

Regards

Comment

• nwg
      Left *****
      • Jun 2003

Both Panasonic and Sony in region 1 will output NTSC only.

It would a lot easier and more satisfying output to just get a cheap format converting player such as Cyberhome or, Apex. Sampo are also one of the best if you find one.

Comment

• tigerman8u
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Aug 2003

you can try one of the patch methods such as dvdpatcher which has worked for me. I did as "nwg" stated and got a region free dvd player. the prices on some players are really cheap

Comment

• nwg
          Left *****
          • Jun 2003

Originally Posted by tigerman8u
          you can try one of the patch methods such as dvdpatcher which has worked for me. I did as "nwg" stated and got a region free dvd player. the prices on some players are really cheap

The patch method doesn't work on the Sony players I tried.

Comment

• dockofthebay
            • Oct 2005

I used DVD Shrink 3.2. First I made one region free and then I made one region 1. I thought that being region free or region 1 would allow it to play on my machine. I know I can buy another DVD player and maybe I would. I thought that this would justify buying a portable DVD player. At least I have it on my hard drive to watch or I can take it to a friend and watch at their house. Thanks...Jim

Comment

• nwg
              Left *****
              • Jun 2003

Computers don't care for NTSC or PAL so DVD's will always work in colour. The region can also be overcome using software such as DVD43Free. It allows me to use Region 1 DVD's on my locked Region 2 drive.

Comment

Working...