X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Christian
    • Oct 2005

Win XP SP2 - 1394 - MiniDV camera not detected

Hi all,
    I have a laptop Dell C840 with Windows XP SP2 and I tried to connect my camera Sony PC9 using the firewire 1394 connection and it just doesn't work.

I tried reverting back the 4 sys file as mentioned in other posts, no go.
    I tried my cables to other devices and that seems ok.

Any ideas ?

Thanks!
  • benbryant
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Aug 2005

Although Sony builds good camcorders, its camcorders seem commonly to have defective built-in firewire connectors. I hope that your camcorder is still under warranty (1 year for part and 3 months for labor, if my memory is still good) otherwise it will cost over $250.00 to get it fix

Note: Bring your camcorder and cable to a near electronic store and ask them to test it with their PCs to see if it works

Regards

Comment

• Christian
      • Oct 2005

warranty

well, the camcorder was working about 3 month ago the last time I used it with firewire. I doubt something want wrong there

Comment

• benbryant
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Aug 2005

Well, when I bought my Sony camcorder from Circuit City, I was able to transfer video to my PC for 2 times. Then the problem started. Connected the camcorder in OFF position to my PC, turned camcorder on--> No device recognition. Turned camcorder's power ON, connected to PC--> Still No device recognition either. I wouldn't just assume that something worked great a few months ago will be in good condition now. It is better to test your camcorder with different PCs or test a different camcorder with you own PC though

Comment

• Christian
          • Oct 2005

I will go to fry's and try the camera over the weekend

Comment

Working...