Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dacrow
    • Apr 2005

video capture card

im looking for a good video capture card for my pc, i want to start capturing my old vhs videos to edit and rip to dvd. any thoughts?
  • deuce2
    • Aug 2005

I got a Happauge video card for doing exactly the same thing. In my limited experience it seems to work ok, although I don't have anything else to compare it too. Also, it has a TV tuner included so I can watch TV on my computer (and record programs).

Comment

• deuce2
      • Aug 2005

By the way there is another discussion regarding this same thing at:
      New to the topics discussed in this community? Post your concerns here ...

Comment

• Yalgaar
        • Oct 2005

Originally Posted by deuce2
        I got a Happauge video card for doing exactly the same thing. In my limited experience it seems to work ok, although I don't have anything else to compare it too. Also, it has a TV tuner included so I can watch TV on my computer (and record programs).
        Are you in the USA? I am wondering how you connect TV to the TV tuner card. I am in NJ and we have cablevision. I was wondering if I can literallly watch every channel on the computer and record them?

Thanks

Comment

• deuce2
          • Aug 2005

The card has inputs for cable (and comes with software for recording, etc). Just get a splitter, a cable and plug directly into the card. You can watch/record every channel.

Comment

• Yalgaar
            • Oct 2005

Originally Posted by deuce2
            The card has inputs for cable (and comes with software for recording, etc). Just get a splitter, a cable and plug directly into the card. You can watch/record every channel.
            Does it allow to shedule recording? Can it record multiple channels at the same time? Is it smart to record subtitles properly on the TV and to skip commercials?

I appreciate your response.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...