Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AsteroidBlues
    • Oct 2005

help with converting

hi everyone. im brand new here and i have a problem. this is a newbie question but im desperate. i searched the forums but didnt really find anything i could use.

i need to get my dvds into adobe premire pro 7.0 so i can edit them.

i can move d/led movie files but i cant get the dvds. i ripped them with DVDShrink and i think it worked. now i have VOB files with smaller BUP and IFO files. but i need to get a format that will import into that wreched program.

ive tried several free trials but the only one that worked at all had TERRIBLE video quality. im also very poor. so.. lets say, a FREE way to get this done would probably result in me running down the block gitty as a schoolgirl.

ANY input is appreciated. im just posting this in the hopes that its the kind of matter that you guys can fix, no problem. thanks in advance!
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

let me start by asking, what type of editing do you want to do to the ripped dvd's?
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• AsteroidBlues
      • Oct 2005

pretty much an AMV (anime music video) but with a real movie.

ive made a few small amvs and finished a full one a loooong while ago. but it was a d/led copy.

all ill pretty much do is cutting with fade-ins/outs. to start.

its not going to be a high visual effect cause im still learning the program.

but those are other questions for other posts.
      Last edited by AsteroidBlues; 20 Oct 2005, 04:04 PM.

Comment

• benbryant
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Aug 2005

HI AsteroidBlues,

First use DGIndex (an enhanced version of DVD2AVI) to open all .vob files of your DVD and save the project. DGIndex will create 2 files .d2v and .mpa. Then you need VFAPIconEn to frameserve the .d2v file to Adobe Premiere. One important thing to remerber is not to move, modify, or delete any file before you finish your project completely

Regards

Comment

Working...