Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jm1647
    An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
    • Apr 2005

@Derree - as swaraman stated another HDD would make things faster, but by how much in the Nero conversion process I don't know. The heads of your single drive are bouncing around like a hockey puck. I have 4 HDD's in mine and never process or shrink anything to the source.

Comment

• Derree
      Digital Video Expert
      Digital Video Expert
      • Jul 2005

Thanks guys..I knew I had a pretty good system but I had no idea it was that good lol..makes me think I may be wasting some of the potential I have with it ...anyways it ended up being about 2.5 gb and I used the nero vison express (which I like since I could put a menu on it..) and just put the files in there and it took about 3 hours..which to me does seem really long..I am going to try it again using the DivxTODVD to convert them and them use shrink to see if that works faster, ...and LT how easy is tmpgenc to use? the dvxtodvd seemed pretty easy and didnt take near the time that nero did..does anyone have any idea why it took so long?
      sigpic

Turn down the suck...Turn up the
      good
      -------------------------------------------

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

to me tmpgenc is very easy since i use it all the time. there is a guide if you want to try it, like i said, the free version will do.

"One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
        (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• Derree
          Digital Video Expert
          Digital Video Expert
          • Jul 2005

I just don't going to the expences and work of getting a second HDD( That and I really don't see the wife letting me haha) but who knows if feb I can get another interest free loan from work for computers so I may just do that! and I am going to try with tmpgenc tonight when I get home LT, does it let you put in menu's? I know they arent really needed I suppose but it does make it easier to go from clip to clip..
          sigpic

good

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

yes tmpgenc dvd author---lots of options for making menus.
            "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
            Columbo moments...
            "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
            "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
            (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• jm1647
              An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
              • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by Derree
              the dvxtodvd seemed pretty easy and didnt take near the time that nero did..does anyone have any idea why it took so long?
              I have only used NVE to convert small clips one at a time to compile a DVD with all the short clips, using single pass a 3 minute 15 second .wmv takes about 8 minutes working in the background on my machine.

Comment

• Derree
                Digital Video Expert
                Digital Video Expert
                • Jul 2005

Originally Posted by jm1647
                I have only used NVE to convert small clips one at a time to compile a DVD with all the short clips, using single pass a 3 minute 15 second .wmv takes about 8 minutes working in the background on my machine.
                So using NVE how should I have done it..I clicked the button to add the files (which I had in a folder on the desk top) and added them all at once..it then did what ever it does and burned them...should I have just put them in one at a time? I didn't have to do anything after adding the files, after I put them in there and I think the button said convert it went to work? So should I have done something different? Thanks for all the help and feedback by the way everyone...this is why I love this place and tell others I know to use it!
                sigpic

good

Comment

Working...