X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cayvman
    • Nov 2005

Nero DVD Speed Tool

Have tried using the DVD Speed Tool in Nero and one of two things happen:
    If it's a blank DVD and do a scan to test the quality (bad/good). Scan will run and come up with 100% bad. Using TDK printable media (from Costco).
    It the DVD has been burned and attempt to do the same scan. System crashes, black screen, than computer restarts. Using an emachine T6212, with XP and standard DVD burner (Liteon, I believe) Nero is the free trial version, the lastest as per Nero. Don't have the numbers offhand.
    Just wondering if anyone else has had the problem. More importantly, how to get the tool to work properly. Should I uninstall and reinstall? Suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

There's no such thing as a standard dvd burner, or media for that matter.
    My cd/dvd speed won't do a disc quality check on blank dvd's.
    drive info can be obtained from this tool also
    Nero Platinum - 7 programmes en une suite ! ✓ Montage vidéo ✓ Streaming ✓ Sécurité des données ✓ Conversion ✓ Gravure ✓ Radio mondiale ► Plus d'informations

nice specs tho for that model of emachine, should still be under warranty

Comment

• cayvman
      • Nov 2005

Okay. Got the speed test to work without crashing my machine. Did a clean sweep using Nero's clean sweep file. Speed test works fine. When I do a disk scan, scan indicates that the info was recorded using a Sony dvd writer (model number is listed but don't have the info in front of me), however, I have a Liteon 1633. At least that's what my system says it is and that's what Nero system info tool also says it is. To further frustrate and add confusion, when I download the latest firmware from Liteon for my model and run the file, it comes up with a message saying that no such drive exists in my system. Any suggestions/ideas?

Comment

Working...