Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • porchmusic
    • Nov 2005

A/V volume normalizers

I need to regulate the volume (normalize) a slew of .VOB files of music videos played through the house system of a restaurant/bar (projectors, screens, PC control). I am aware of the volume normalizers for MP3's and such, I was wondering if there was such an animal for video files. The thought of extracting individual audio tracks and boosting the signal is not an option as there are hundreds of .VOB files. Any ideas, would be appreciated.
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

i assume you are going to be playing the files from a PC. if so, download & install 'ffdshow' from (make sure its the october 13, 2005 version) http://www.aziendeassociate.it/cd.asp?dir=/ffdshow

i recommend you play your files in 'media player classic'. while playing your files, there should be a little icon in the system tray. double-click it. there will be a huge amount of audio settings in the little window that pops up. you might want to tinker with 'volume', 'equalizer', etc. you should be able to bring the place down

post if you have more questions
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• porchmusic
      • Nov 2005

Anonymez,

I searched 'ffdshow' and aside from its UNIX underpinnings and that it sounds like a great swiss army knife for compression/decompression, I could not discern whether this is something 'I could set and forget' as a batch A/V signal processor or would I have to man the board and tweak individual music videos as they play. The rich set of post processing tools sounds as though it is right up my alley.

Thanks for the welcome, that was nice.

Comment

• anonymez
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2004

hi porchmusic,

well, i'd imagine you would make a 'playlist' in you media player, and ffdshow should decode all of them automatically. the only way to find out if it will work for you is to try it out, its quite safe
        "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

Working...