X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StephenFalken
    ©infringement™
    • Nov 2005

TV display

I have an ATI AllInWonder 9600, plenty of memory and HDD space, running Win2K server.

I want to be able to watch anything that's located on the computer on the bigscreen TV in the other room. When I set it up and select the second monitor in the display settings, I can see my computer desktop on the TV just fine. However, whenever I open any video player (Zoom Player, DVDX, Windows Media) and try to play a video, the TV just shows the player's window and it's all black - no video is being shown. The sound is okay, but the video portion doesn't show up on the TV. The rest of the desktop still shows up.

Why?
  • Floppy

I have had such issues with a geforce FX.... I did get it to work but I could never isolate what steps made it work...

I did update/reeistall the drivers wilst keeping that dual screen setup that worked more often than not....

Restarting with the setup already finalised and changing screen resolutions are amongst the things tried... I guess in my case was a crap TV...

I was trying it with a a normal TV as I said then but now since I got a TFT TV no such issues have arisen.

look here for maybe a fewer clues.

Do you know how to set, check and monitor the refresh rate on your windows 10? In this article, you will learn the various strategies to use. There are both

I have no experience of newer ATI cards yet so I hope that helps in some way...

P.S. I think your User name is the same as the guy that designed the Supercomputer in WAR GAMES, is that a coincidence?
    Last edited by Guest; 20 Nov 2005, 05:58 AM.

Comment

• drfsupercenter
      NOT an online superstore
      • Oct 2005

It has to do with a setting about overlay or something. Same thing happens at school - I had a presentation to give, with WMV clips in PowerPoint, and they were black. Luckily the teacher blamed the computer, not me I would try either A: trying something like Media Player Classic, that uses a different type of video display (or so I was told by one of the moderators) or just burn the clips to a DVD and play them that way.

Might have something to do with Macrovision also. I am not sure.
      CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
      Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
      My DVD Collection

Comment

• anonymez
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2004

stephenfalken, download 'media player classic'. run it, under 'view', click 'options'. click 'output'. select vmr9. play a video.

or if you wish to use regular windows media player, go into its options, click the 'performance' tab, click 'advanced', untick both of the 'use overlays' boxes. click OK, restart wmp, and try playing your video
        "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

Working...