Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • njenn
    • Nov 2005

Won't fit!!!

I'm not sure if I'm asking this question in the right spot, but I'm gonna ask it anyway. Is it possible to burn a 700+MB (764MB to be exact) dwnld to a 700MB disk? If so, how and will it screw with the quality? I've never had any problems burning disks before, but I'm not real sure what to do here. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!
  • paglamon
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

Some amount of overburning IS possible.But not 764 MB in a 700MB disc,I think.That is more than 9% overburn.What sort of file r u burning?U may compress it first using Winrar or WinUHA.
    sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• njenn
      • Nov 2005

Ok.. This is what I got - I downloaded a movie file (avi-not that that matters)but, I didn't realize that it was 764MB until after I downloaded it and was ready to burn it to disk. The question is now how do I put it on a 700MB disk and without degrading the quality.
      Last edited by blutach; 27 Nov 2005, 08:47 AM.

Comment

• anonymez
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2004

you can't fit it onto a 700mb cd without degrading quality unless you overburn, which is never recommended, especially at 64mb. you need to re-encode the video at a lower bitrate, and/or cut out the credits, and you could also re-encode the audio at a lower bitrate...
        "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• drfsupercenter
          NOT an online superstore
          • Oct 2005

Or use WinZIP or WinRAR to shrink it into an archive and then burn. And just curious, how do you overburn anyway?
          CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
          Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
          My DVD Collection

Comment

• anonymez
            Super Moderator
            • Mar 2004

winzip and winrar are not recommended by me in this case. the avi files are already very highly compressed, so will not compress much more (definitely not 64mb!), and sometimes may even increase the file size. even if it was at all possible to compress to 700mb, it will likely take several minutes to extract the files each time you wish to play it, not to mention the cd would be useless when playing on standalones.

drf, go to nero burning rom, file-->options-->expert features. there you can enable & set cd/dvd overburning
            "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• Floppy

enable short lead out generation also in the Nero preferences...

You could also Use Nero Recode b4 and convert the lot to Nero Digital.... It will be of Hight quality and it will most definetly fit on a 700MB with plenty of space to spare....

Comment

Working...