Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • renzandjo
    • Nov 2005

Re; Just wanted to say Hi! I have a ? about Burning music CD's

I'm new and I live in the USA and I am really enjoying all the helpful information here on the boards. I have learned so much about backing up my DVD's! thank you! I have a problem though was hoping someone could help. I can burn music cd's successfully on my computer AND listen to them on my computer. They play fine on computer. I can NOT listen to them in my CD(music) player in my home or the car. They just wont play. This is sooo frustrating. I am a beginner so I don't know correct terms for types of media ect. but I do know that I am using either +r cd r's or +r cd rw's and the case says 12X 700MB 80min rewritable CD's for computer cd writers. That's all the case says. Can anyone help me so that I can play my music in car and in my CD player in my home? I would really, really appreciate it. thanks so much! Josie
  • NightTran
    King of Digital Video
    King of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

some cd players they do not play burn cd?
    sigpic

Comment

• Derree
      Digital Video Expert
      Digital Video Expert
      • Jul 2005

So do you know what format the songs are in? Are you maybe burning them as MP3's? That might be your problem..
      sigpic

Turn down the suck...Turn up the
      good
      -------------------------------------------

Comment

• drfsupercenter
        NOT an online superstore
        • Oct 2005

Try Nero, and then say "make music CD" That should play just fine.
        CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
        Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
        My DVD Collection

Comment

• Floppy

Yes... Like Drf says Nero make Audio CD should do the trick look at image1 for more clews....

However if you dont have Nero or Just dont wanna use Nero You can Use Windows Media Player to do the same job...

I use Windows Media Player 10 for quite a lot of Ripping and transfering to my k750i... look At image3 for other clews...

Ok The files on the Media player are for example only....
          Attached Files

Comment

• renzandjo
            • Nov 2005

Thanks..... but I still can't do it Floppy, I have just tried again and used windows media player just like you said, I created my playlist of songs, I "ripped" them to my library first and then burned to cd. It seemed to work fine and they do play on my computer but still will not play in car or portable cd player. Could it be the type of CD's? Could you tell me exactly which type of CD's YOU use? Why do you think they are able to play on computer and not in car CD? Also, thanks for the Nero info. I don't have Nero but do you know if I can download the current version anywhere online and I will try that also. I really appreciate you help. Please feel free to email me directly if it's easier. Thanks again...Josie

5buckets2fill@verizon.net

Comment

• Floppy

you Can download Nero 6 a fully working trial version here

Try it another time but this time b4 you install that Nero I linked above try this first...

Nero WMA Plugin

And same way with the WMP10 as you tried previously

I Use Phillips or Memorex CD-R's At the moment I got Imation CD-R they play fine.

Can you post brand and models (The Car and your portable CD player) where these CD's dont play....
              Last edited by Guest; 2 Dec 2005, 05:33 PM.

Comment

• renzandjo
                • Nov 2005

Thanks Floppy for all your help. Unfortunately I was not able to download the current version of Nero Media Player. After I installed, set up and everything I tried to run it and it said "your trial subscription has expired." I have never even used Nero or the Media player so I don't know what's up with that. Do you have any ideas why it won't let me even try Nero? Anyway, I think the problem was the particular BRAND of CD's I was using to burn my music on that wouldn't work in car or house CD player. I tried a different brand and burned the music with Windows Media Player and it worked fine! So I guess some CD players work with certain brands while others don't....Live and Learn! But thanks so much for your help and lemme know if you have any ideas about not being able to get the trial version of Nero.

Comment

• drfsupercenter
                  NOT an online superstore
                  • Oct 2005

Yes, that happened to me when I bought some cheap media, like 100 CDs for $5, and they played fine on my computer, but not in my mom's van... so yeah, don't buy cheap media. KHypermedia's are good CD's and they are relatively cheap.

See here:
                  Get answers to your questions about order status, product information, returns, account questions, business sales, and so much more. We offer several forms of help including community support, chat, email.

They are like $11 after rebate - I burned about 50 of those with no problem. Never had a bad burn with KHypermedia's.
                  CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
                  Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
                  My DVD Collection

Comment

• Floppy

@renzandjo

Have you installed and used Nero b4???

If you have that may be the reason why it tells you that....

What I was hoping you tried was the Nero Express burning engine not the media player.....

But If you have burned and been able to play burnt CD's B4 as you say it could be the Media your using now..... Change for what you had B4 and stick to it...

welcome for the little help... Anytime

Comment

Working...