Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • redeye2433
    • Dec 2005

Overlaying video on video

I'm looking for software that can layer video on top of video. Basically 2 feeds running on top of each other. I've been searching all over and I can't seem to find anything. Anyone know of any reasonably priced software that can do this? Thanks
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

are you looking to just play the videos at the same time, or permanently create the effect?
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• redeye2433
      • Dec 2005

It's more of a coaching tool so temporary would be fine.... but either way will work.

I want to play 2 videos at the same time on top of one another so I can compare the differences

Comment

• anonymez
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2004

download 'media player classic', open up its settings, make sure you select the option 'open a new media player for each file played'. then click 'output' in the left column, and find the option to make it run in 'vmr9' mode. close media player.

now open up media player twice, and play each video, they should both show up fine on the screen. to compare them without any clutter, i suggest you press ctrl+shift+0
        Last edited by anonymez; 3 Dec 2005, 12:35 PM.

Comment

• redeye2433
          • Dec 2005

Thanks a lot! I'll try that and let you know how it works for what I need.

Comment

• redeye2433
            • Dec 2005

Would not work for me. I could get both opened but I am only able to see one at a time when they are on top of each other. What I am really wanting to do it combine them and have 1 file to play. Is there any video editing software out there that can do that? Sort of like stromotion.

Comment

• anonymez
              Super Moderator
              • Mar 2004

you could put both media player windows side by side and watch them that way...

other than that, maybe you could find a virtualdub filter that will do this for you, google.com is a good place to start the search. though this method will take long, and be permanent, as it requires encoding...

Comment

• benbryant
                Digital Video Master
                Digital Video Master
                • Aug 2005

Hi redeye2433,

There are many different video editing programs to create video overlay and many more different features like PowerDirector, Ulead VideoStudio, Pinnacle Studio,...Unfortunately, I haven't found any free video editing software to recommend to you. Here is the link for you to learn more about them:

Regards

Comment

• drfsupercenter
                  NOT an online superstore
                  • Oct 2005

Ulead Video Studio can do this just fine. Try that. Put one video in the Video spot and the other in the Overlay spot, and you can adjust where the overlay goes - it looks kinda like Picture-In-Picture on TV's.
                  CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
                  Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
                  My DVD Collection

Comment

• redeye2433
                    • Dec 2005

Ulead did exactly what I wanted, thanks for all the help everyone!

Comment

• drfsupercenter
                      NOT an online superstore
                      • Oct 2005

You're Welcome! (I really gotta make a GIF of that, similar, but not the same as blutach's)

Ulead is a wonderful program, but it is underrated by many - for anyone who has a problem with video editing, try Ulead before asking, as it will probably help you.
                      CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
                      Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
                      My DVD Collection

Comment

Working...