Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MovieFreak0307
    • Mar 2002

AVI to MPG Problem

Hey Everyone, I have been having problems with some of my AVI files. I use TMPGEnc and I also tried Xing MPEG Encoder and both say that my AVI file is unsupported and the AVI file stays as an AVI file. I was wondering if anyone had a sollution to my problem or if I need a certain compressor or something??? Thanks in advance to anyone who may reply my post.
    -MovieFreak
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Load the file into VirtualDub

From under the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

Post (here) EVERYTHING listed (both audio and video information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

You are probably lacking the proper codec...

Comment

• MovieFreak0307
      • Mar 2002

AVI to MPG Problem

Thanks setarip. I will get Virtual Dub and try your method and see if it works. If anyone else has any sollutions to my problems please let me know. Again, when I try to convert my AVI to and MPEG file, the program says that the AVI file is unsupported and needs to be compressed. Thanks to anyone who may reply my post.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Thanks setarip. I will get Virtual Dub and try your method and see if it works."

It's not a "method", rather merely a means of obtaining information in order to try to determine what is the cause of your problem...

Comment

Working...