Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Montaillou
    • Dec 2005

Skipping on avi (and mpg?) playback

I'm having trouble with all avi (and maybe mpeg) files at the moment. They skip repeatedly throughout playback, at very quick intervals (if you look at the clock, they seem to run at about double speed, although somewhat erratically).

Now, here's where it gets complicated. This also happens with, for example, mp3 files if I use Wiundows Media Player; but mp3s work ok in Real Player... ! But movie files (certainly avi - haven't tried mpeg actually) don't work in EITHER program. I just downloaded the latest codecs from the Mircosoft website to try and resolve this, but that hasn't helped. Anyone got any ideas... ?

Anyone got any ideas... ? (Incidentally, I'm using Windows 98SE - which I suspect may be part of the problem... ?)
  • Montaillou
    • Dec 2005

Can't help noticing that mine is the only posting with no replies at the moment... Have I posted in the wrong forum? I'd be very grateful if someone could let me know. Thanks.

Comment

• drfsupercenter
      NOT an online superstore
      • Oct 2005

Not sure, but you could try Media Player Classic (Google it). That might work.
      CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
      Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
      My DVD Collection

Comment

• anonymez
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2004

montaillou, make sure you have your graphics card's latest drivers, make sure you have the latest sound drivers, and latest directx.

are you playing these files from the hard disk or cd/dvd?

uninstall all codec packs you may have installed, and download & install the 'october 13 2005' version of 'ffdshow' from http://www.aziendeassociate.it/cd.asp?dir=/ffdshow

try playing with media player classic.
        "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

Working...