Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jasoncl
    • Dec 2005

Deleting files

Hi, Iwas just wondering what the best way to delete movies I have burned. I noticed that the file it usually burns to has slowed down quite a bit, but when I copied it to another file name, it was really fast. Any suggestions??? Thanks for your help
  • techreactor
    Banned
    • Jul 2005

Originally Posted by jasoncl
    Hi, Iwas just wondering what the best way to delete movies I have burned. I noticed that the file it usually burns to has slowed down quite a bit, but when I copied it to another file name, it was really fast. Any suggestions??? Thanks for your help
    Delete and Defrag your HDD. Although your question is not very clear to me, can you be more specific on what are you trying to achieve.

Comment

• Chewy
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2003

highlight the movie iso or folder,
      hold down the shift button/ press delete

renaming or moving a large file around on a partition/drive
      is very fast, all windows does is keep track of what it's called
      and where it is, until you defrag it stays put no matter which folder
      you move it to.

Comment

• jess russell
        • Jul 2004

someone mentions defrag... why should I defrag my computer after using and copy ???

Comment

• jasoncl
          • Dec 2005

Yeah, thats what Ive been doing is deleting the files, and then defragging my comp. I just wanted to know if there was a different way. Thanks for your help.

Comment

• Chewy
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2003

when you only have a C drive and have done a few movies and installed and uninstalled programs with these large data files(movies) and especially if you start running low on space, your drive will become badly fragmented.
            Finish all work with those movie files, delete them and do a general cleanup.
            Uninstall programs not used any more, do disk cleanup, etc. Empty recycling bin. Now you have only left the files you are going to keep.

Defrag

defrag will be it's fastest

Now all your core files are where windows wants them.

Comment

Working...