X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drfsupercenter
    NOT an online superstore
    • Oct 2005

PAL to NTSC with Nero

I read that Nero can convert PAL to NTSC in Recode or something, if settings are set to NTSC. However, I don't see a setting. Where does this get set?
    CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
    Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
    My DVD Collection
  • nwg
    Left *****
    • Jun 2003

Recode cannot do it but, NeroVision Express can. It is very crude though and results often have lip sync problems.

Comment

• drfsupercenter
      NOT an online superstore
      • Oct 2005

I have tried NeroVision Express, but it just crashes when I go to Import DVD. Somehow Nero does not like my computer (even though I paid full price for it!). I read somewhere that Recode can do it though.
      CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
      Visit my website!!

My DVD Collection

Comment

• nwg
        Left *****
        • Jun 2003

Recode cannot do it. It is essentially a up to date version of Shrink.

Comment

• drfsupercenter
          NOT an online superstore
          • Oct 2005

Hmmm... That once again proves my theories that DVF is the only reliable forum out there... AfterDawn and others say that Recode will do it. I wonder why NeroVision Express crashes when adding a title, also.
          CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
          Visit my website!!

My DVD Collection

Comment

• soup
            Just Trying To Help
            • Nov 2005

I have found that Nero Vision Express is very touchy when it comes to avi files and it will freeze your PC solid.When this happens to me I give Avi2Dvd with all the bells & whistles attached.If that doesn't work I just forget it.Nero for some reason just sucks a lot of juice especially in create chapter or transcoding in fact I think any mode.If you go to the first page of NeroVision Express there is a setting at the bottom that says more if you click on it a menu drops down.Click video options and you should see where you can set either pal or ntsc.I am sorry I should have read and understood better I have not seen a setting in recode either.
            Last edited by soup; 21 Dec 2005, 11:15 AM.

Comment

• nwg
              Left *****
              • Jun 2003

If Recode can do it then it must be a very new feature that I haven't seen. I don't think it can do it

NeroVision is basically crap.

You may want to look this thread. Where they mention DVD2One, you should be able to use Shrink instead.

Yes, Atlantis NTSC/Pal converter only work with DV AVI files...For a Basic Pal/NTSC Conversion I would suggest useing Canopus Procoder...You will have...

Comment

• drfsupercenter
                NOT an online superstore
                • Oct 2005

IC. I think I will stick to that freeware program, DivX2DVD, had some great success with that. I am experimenting with mixing the IFO's from the original DVD and whatnot to see what will happen, and if I get it to work, I will write a guide. (This is for the entire DVD, with menus).
                CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
                Visit my website!!

My DVD Collection

Comment

• SpeedDemon
                  Legal Alien
                  • Dec 2005

It does work, I've made both NTSC and PAL home video DVD's using NERO Vision Express 3, I haven't tried it with the backup of an original DVD, but the option was on the bottom of the screen when you click on "more" than on "video options", and it worked just fine.

Comment

• nwg
                    Left *****
                    • Jun 2003

Originally Posted by SpeedDemon
                    It does work, I've made both NTSC and PAL home video DVD's using NERO Vision Express 3, I haven't tried it with the backup of an original DVD, but the option was on the bottom of the screen when you click on "more" than on "video options", and it worked just fine.

The problem is the software is still crap and some people have problems running it properly. It is also very slow and encoding.

Comment

• SpeedDemon
                      Legal Alien
                      • Dec 2005

I just encoded and burned a 2 hr home video DVD using NERO in just under 10 minutes. Would you call that slow?
                      My guess is that some people don't have their PC's set up right...

Comment

• nwg
                        Left *****
                        • Jun 2003

Originally Posted by SpeedDemon
                        I just encoded and burned a 2 hr home video DVD using NERO in just under 10 minutes. Would you call that slow?
                        My guess is that some people don't have their PC's set up right...
                        It sounds like you are talking about Nero Recode and not NeroVision Express. Recode compreses which is why is is fast (just like Shrink). Encoding takes a lot longer. It also depends on what you are encoding from and too (WMV, DVD. DiVX etc).

Comment

• drfsupercenter
                          NOT an online superstore
                          • Oct 2005

I agree with nwg - I gave up the Nero option. I got the files converted with both DivX2DVD and Benbryant's method for the menu. Just gotta fix the IFO's now.
                          CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
                          Visit my website!!

My DVD Collection

Comment

• mikeylikess99
                            Gold Member
                            Gold Member
                            • Sep 2003

nero vision express

hi there, im having a problem i belief with nve. im sure its hanging up, and as a matter in fact got this report error

when doing cad. the reason i did this it appeared to be stopping encoding although the bottom clock was still running. the top one had stopped. any ideas what to ttry to get it to stop hanging up. tyvm in advance.
                            Last edited by mikeylikess99; 30 Dec 2005, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Working...