Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Glimmering
    • Dec 2005

VHS to DVD?

I recently bought a DVD/VHS combo where you can record back and forth. My husband happens to have quite a large VHS collection and wants to record his favorites to DVD but of course there is that silly copyright law and it won't record to DVD due to that.
    I thought I'd get insane about it and go through a long process of recording VHS to VHS and then then over to DVD. But that just seems insane.
    I was wondering if there was a more simple way of going about it?
    I read up on a couple of threads where people were converting VHS onto their computers and then over to DVD.

I was just kinda hoping I could snap something off the VHSs and "Walla!" no more copyright crap. I have quite the imagination...

So if anyone could help me out with this it would be awesome.
  • Cambion7
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Nov 2005

Originally Posted by Glimmering
    I recently bought a DVD/VHS combo where you can record back and forth. My husband happens to have quite a large VHS collection and wants to record his favorites to DVD but of course there is that silly copyright law and it won't record to DVD due to that.
    I thought I'd get insane about it and go through a long process of recording VHS to VHS and then then over to DVD. But that just seems insane.
    I was wondering if there was a more simple way of going about it?
    I read up on a couple of threads where people were converting VHS onto their computers and then over to DVD.

I was just kinda hoping I could snap something off the VHSs and "Walla!" no more copyright crap. I have quite the imagination...

So if anyone could help me out with this it would be awesome.
    This posting might be of interest to you.

Regards,

Cambion7
    Like the info in these forums? Want to contribute? Click here to Register for Free!

"In space, nobody can hear you cha cha cha...."
    - Confidence

Comment

Working...