Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • matt2971
    • Jul 2003

Old TMPGEnc versions

Does anyone know what was the last TMPGEnc version before they added the 30-day trial-only limitation to MPEG2?
  • techreactor
    Banned
    • Jul 2005

Originally Posted by matt2971
    Does anyone know what was the last TMPGEnc version before they added the 30-day trial-only limitation to MPEG2?
    I think MPEG2 was always put with limitations, since they have to pay a fee for selling TMPGEnc with MPEG2 support.

Comment

• DrinkOrDie
      It Was The Dog, I Swear!
      • Nov 2003

Originally Posted by techreactor
      I think MPEG2 was always put with limitations, since they have to pay a fee for selling TMPGEnc with MPEG2 support.
      I agree that is true techreactor. There has always been a limitation for mpeg2 encoding. TMPGEnc does NOT own rights to use mpeg2 codec so they must pay a licensing fee. Of course, they must pass that cost onto users who wish to continue using Mpeg2 for encoding.

The only version(s) of TMPGEnc that does NOT have that limitation is the one you must pay for, or an early version which does not have mpeg2 encoding at all.

Bottom line is if you want to continue using mpeg2, then get the paid version of TMPGEnc for cryin' out loud. It's not all that expensive.
      My toy:

Custom Build PC Born on 03-08-08AMD Athlon64 X2 6400+ (3.21Ghz) (Black Edition) on overclock ready Asus M2R32-MVP Crossfire AMD chipset Mobo, 8-Channel HD Audio, Windows XP MCE, 2GB 800Mhz DDR2, 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS, 500GB SATA-II HardDisks X 4 in RAID 4 mode,(1.5 TB storage capacity + 500GB eSata external) Sony MultiRec DVD-RW, PCI-HDTV Tuner, SOYO Topaz S 24" Wide LCD 1920X1200

Comment

• ed klein
        Banned
        • Mar 2004

And be sure your use the latest version of TMPGEnc Plus 2.524.63.181

Comment

Working...