Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Luckyduzit
    • Jan 2006

DiviX to AVI conversion

This maybe a very silly question..But what the heck.

I have a diviX file, I want to convert it to AVI so I can edit it. I've been looking though this site for a couple of hours and don't see what I'm looking for. Any help would be amazing..

Thanks
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

you mean divx? this isn't a ".avi" file already?

virtualdub should be the best bet---free too
    VirtualDub is a video capture/processing utility for Windows platforms. It is streamlined for fast linear operations over video.
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• Luckyduzit
      • Jan 2006

columbo,

thanks; I have audio now. But green squares for the video. when I put this in classic Media Player, I get "This AVI file was not prepared for sequential reading, the alternative 'AVI splitter' will now letthe defualt one handle it. the complete reinterleaving of this file is strongly recomended before burning it to slow media like a CD-rom"

Again I can get audio but no video when I run it though the classic. I tried divifix, but that just told me that it was not an AVI file.

Anythoughts?

Comment

Working...