Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brwyatt
    • Jan 2006

Hyperlinks in Video

What is really a pain is watchin a video (mainly in .MOV or .WM[v]) and having it open up a browser window! How can I disable this in realplayer or how can i remove this. also what is it and how is it done?
  • drfsupercenter
    NOT an online superstore
    • Oct 2005

Hmmm... are you watching this video from a site? That could be an ad that is embedded in the video stream. I have never had this problem in RealPlayer... is it the program or embedded in a page?

And maybe you accidentaly clicked on something?
    CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
    Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
    My DVD Collection

Comment

• brwyatt
      • Jan 2006

It is embedded in the video....

its annoying sometimes.... well... all the time.... especially when 50 windows popup.

It is not realplayer... i know that....

Comment

• drfsupercenter
        NOT an online superstore
        • Oct 2005

Hmmm... maybe you have spyware on your computer. Try using Ad-Aware SE to scan for spyware. If it is embedded in something like AOL music, the site that is playing the video is probably sponsored by the popups. What site is this? I don't know about 50 windows though, it would be more likely to be spyware.
        CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
        Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
        My DVD Collection

Comment

• brwyatt
          • Jan 2006

Naw, it aint spyware... infact, Virgin mobile has a net add (Mov and WMV) that has a clickable portion of the video (The end, when it says "CLICK HERE"). ( I found it here: http://66.98.238.14/~compfuse/media/...ci/service.mov )

The being able to click a link in the video is fine, but this aparently has the ability for them to open them without clicking.

my main think is is there a way to prevent it happening automatically and how is it done?

thanx for your help so far guys!

PS: I use "Spybot: Search and Destroy"!

Comment

Working...