X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • smartmonkey
    • Dec 2005

Combine Two DVDs into One With Subtitles

Hi,

This was actually a repost!! I have two small DVD's backed up on my HDD along with the subtitles. I want to author these two DVD;s onto one Single DVD without loosing subtitles and menus.

TmpGenc DVD Author is able to do this, but withour menus and subtitles.

Thanks in advance
    One Smart Monkey
  • techreactor
    Banned
    • Jul 2005

You can achieve this with DIKO, with subtitles. You will have to rip your subtitles first using subrip to feed into DIKO, you can create your menus and will get subtitles.

Alternatively you can use TMPGEnc to create the Video/audio streams and then put them through DVD lab pro to create menus and subtitles.

Comment

• benbryant
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Aug 2005

Hi smartmonkey,

You can do that easily with DvdReMake Pro. You can read more about the program from here:

Regards

Comment

• drfsupercenter
        NOT an online superstore
        • Oct 2005

Nero Recode can do this for you, without menus, as can DVD Shrink. If you wanted menus, DVD ReMake Pro is probably smarter, but you could use a combination of Nero and TMPGenc - PM me for how to do that. I made a DVD that way, from 4 seperate DVDs, without losing subtitles, but keeping menus using only Nero Recode (Shrink can do this but cannot merge the titles), and TMPGenc DVD Author, all are either free or have free trials.

--EDIT-- Did you need the original DVD menus, or would you be willing to do a homemade menu? DVD ReMake Pro is the only software I know of that can merge DVDs without losing the original menus, but is not free - the Pro is $50 and the normal DVD ReMake is $30 (USD).
        CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
        Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
        My DVD Collection

Comment

• paglamon
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Aug 2005

There is a FULLY FREE solution.But no Menus.Merge the vob files from the 2 DVDs using vobedit.U have to rename the vob files from the second dvd serially,i.e if there r 4 vobs in the first,the first vob from second DVD will be numbered 5 and so on.Now create IFOs for these vobs using Ifoedit.There is a link in Blutach's signature "joining flippers" detailing this method.
          And Benbryant,the MERGE DVD of DVDRemakePro produces separate titles.Do they play seamlessly,i.e one after the other without having to select the second title?
          Last edited by paglamon; 18 Jan 2006, 03:28 AM.
          sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• drfsupercenter
            NOT an online superstore
            • Oct 2005

Yeah, Nero Recode does this too. You would also lose menus, but I have a way to keep them, or at least use TMPGenc DVD Author to make another menu, and keep the subtitles. I will write a guide on this soon.
            CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
            Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
            My DVD Collection

Comment

Working...