X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jacobvz
    • Jan 2006

XP Capture prob's

Hi All,

I have always used Vegas 5 on W2K and now installed Vegas6 on WinXP SP2 and have problems with the vegas capture software recognizing the camera (it doesn't do it). Movie maker however can capture from the camera w/o problems. Is this the same problem that has been in a long thread already nad requires registering a dll and putting pre SP2 drivers in the system?

Anyone have had similar problems that can confirm?

Regards

Jack
  • benbryant
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Aug 2005

Hi jacobvz,

IMHO, I don't think the problem with Sony Vegas. Make sure that your PC with Win XP has all the needed updates. All check for the latest Sony Vegas 5 update version 5.0d at Sony Media Software. In case if you still have the problem with capturing with Vegas, you can use WinDV, a free but great free tool. Get it from here:

WinDV is a small and easy to use Windows application for capturing videos from DV device (camcorder) into AVI-files and for recording AVI-files into DV device via FireWire (IEEE 1394) interface.

Regards

Comment

• jacobvz
      • Jan 2006

I have updated windows XP with al the latest updates but still problem persists. This is Vegas 6 btw, I'll download 6.0c upgrade and try that

Does WinDV have clip detection?

Comment

Working...